Old 10-01-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Update:

Well, I finally heard from my wife after essentially 15 days of zero communication. She called me late last night and basically said she was staying in Reno. I asked if she had set up a day treatment program, like she was planning on doing, and she of course did not. Just claimed that she is going to meetings. Not sure if she has been drinking or not because I didn't ask. She's quitting her job. I asked what this meant for us, and she said that we'll be separated. I know alcoholics and addicts do this, but it sucks being blamed (blame-shifting) for her disease. I was the closest person to her and, therefore, the easiest person to pin the problem on I guess.

Anyway, I told her that I will not be supporting her financially anymore. If she wants to go shopping and date other people, she can get a job up there or have her dad pay for her (even though he struggles financially). This caught her by surprise, but I explained that it would be ridiculous to to be supporting her when she's cutting me out of her life and doing who knows what. I told her that this is her choice and that's fine and I can't do anything about it, but I don't have to continue being her doormat when I've been nothing but supportive over the last two months.

I've been convincing myself over the past week (before this talk) that an end to this relationship might be for the best because, unfortunately, she may not be the best person to have a family with. It's still damn hard knowing that it's now pretty much over. Anyway, sorry if this is unclear or boring but I just had to provide an update and hopefully hear from any of you. I'm not sure if I did the wrong thing or not, but in my mind I'm trying to focus on myself and not be treated like sh!t anymore.

Thanks again.