Old 10-01-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by friskme View Post
I totally agree with you Robbyrobot! Having had a bad experience at a young age with a drunk driver (my mother), and a couple of my own near misses has taught me to favor calling the police about a drunk driver. I also like your "Russian roulette analogy. My mother played that and lost her life, and my two brothers lives--nearly snagged mine as well.
Yeah, sorry for your tragic losses. I lost my youngest sister, back in 1972, to a drunk driver. He ran her over. She died in the ambulance. She was 6 yrs old.

Myself, I've had some close calls, mostly as a drunken passenger, sometimes as a drunken driver. Even after my sister's death. Truth be told, that year was the worse... surreal how addiction mixed with unfocused guilt and useless regret creates even more justifications to waste our lives, no matter the dangers, or risks... what a deluded fool I once was.

I don't have any axe to grind with drunk drivers. I'm all done with the blame game. I just don't have any cookie jar filled with excuses and justifications to pass around either as feel-good alternatives to our collective responsibilites.

Welcome to SR, Friskme!