View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
JimJim

Greetings Sobtober! I'm coming to join you if I may.

I left my job late last year because I finally could not hack it with the booze and I have destroyed loving relationships to the point the only thing I had left was the thing I seemingly always wanted most. Drink. I was done with it in april but I have twice fell back in to day and night drinking hell.

I have broken free again and It feels good to have some life in me. I'm currently trying to start my life as a blank page. I do still have my profession, I have a chance to save myself back in the UK and start a new life but I feel like I'm in the last chance saloon with it, booze will ruin it all. I'm also starting to notice a yellow tint to my skin eyes and after the binges, that worried me, I would like to not go down that path

I'm on day four and I have a meeting for some volunteering coming up on thursday. Something to look forward too. I have some job applications to do also so I really need to be functioning to give myself a chance.

I have been back to try AA recently, I just don't think it's going to be for me. Who knows, I might go back again just for the chats and free coffee! I'm currently reading Alan Carrs Easy Way to Stop Drinking. I hope he can persuade me!

I have been reading this site with interest as always which is helpful. I really think engaging with this website is going to be my lifeline. I think I'm really in need of some friends and a comforting bosom to nestle into for the tough times ha! I'm going to be putting a lot of effort in Sobtober with you guys.

I feel pathetic that I have not been able to stop, I think I really need to make those thirty days...