View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Tesla

Regret Is Weakness Leaving the Brain

Thanks for your post. I too am struggling with regret. The regret of hurting wonderful people during my binges. They thought I was making promises, they did not know it was my liquid courage talking and that there was nothing but manipulation behind my "acting". I have made my apologies but many were NOT accepted. For the past few years the reality of life has revealed how truly complex and difficult the mess I have made is and that I did so many things that I cannot erase. At times it makes everything more difficult and it creates the desire to flee into the false solitude that alcohol once provided. I reached out and got help from professionals to deal with the anger and regret and it made a MASSIVE difference. You are not alone and in time I have been able to start moving beyond regret and anger and I know you will too. I relate so strongly to your post and in the darkest hours when I was a newbie at sobriety I was convinced life might just be too painful. I was wrong ... the regret and anger were symptoms of a brain being re-wired (PAWS). Seek help and it wil make a big difference but start be recognizing that this pain is actually healing. Thanks again for letting me know I am not alone.