Thread: 2 week binge
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Athena1

Originally Posted by lonewolf68 View Post
well I did it, checked into the hospital. got detoxed, see my therapist on tuesday. the hard part now is dealing with the damage Ive created. My wife is so hurt she hardly talks to me, says she needs time and space but yet is out every weekend posting smiling pics on facebook like she isnt hurt at all while I sit at home and cry. Its hard to leave her alone when I miss her so much. I also have almost no support system for my emotions. I know go to AA, I will try. Thanks for everyone out there for the support you have shown me....

One of the best things about AA is that you will quickly make friends there (more likely than not) and they will be your support system.

You can actually just go to a meeting tonight. Meetings are NOT scary once you're there. Deciding to go and riding there (or driving there if you can) is the bad part. Once you're there, it's easy peasy.

It will make you feel better, not worse.

I'm glad you went through medical detox. My mom did that about 10 years ago and said the experience, while not fun, wasn't as horrible as she'd imagined it would be. Hopefully your experience was similar.

Good luck. Keep posting. Go to an AA meeting ASAP. Like, today. You won't regret it, I promise.