Old 09-30-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
omegasupreme

I know of one who "contends" he drinks normally...whether or not he does no one knows. I partied hard with him in college...then we both fell to miserable bottoms and fast forward a few years I end up at a speaker meeting in AA and I'm about 6 months sober and he's the evening speaker with 4 yrs of sobriety. Fast forward another year and he friends me on facebook so I shoot him a message asking how he's doing, haven't run into you at any meetings, yada yada yada...never hear back from the guy. Fast forward another year or so and I run into some mutual friends of ours in AA that explain he "found a way to drink normally." So, that being said, I couldn't tell you if he does or not, and or what is normal to him. I do find it peculiar that if he did find a way to drink normally what he wouldn't keep in touch with his brothers that were there through thick and thin....but not my call or place to judge.

What's important to me is what is my truth? Am I willing to pursue it to the gates of insanity or death to see if maybe one day I can find that unicorn? Say this guy I mentioned is an exception...my experience shows that I am usually not the exception no matter how hard I try to be. Furthermore, even if I was the exception...drinking and drugging had stopped working...it no longer produced the desired effect, which is ease and comfort. I needed union with another type of spirits, I needed union with God.