Thread: Sobriety: Day 1
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Athena1

Originally Posted by FenwayFaithful View Post
PS- I think it's important you tell your wife about the checks. In the end the lies hurt so much more...it's lie that ruin a relationship. Make you not be able to trust someone...honesty is so important. I know it seems scary but... what makes me angriest about my ex is that he wasn't honest. I understand it's in our nature to lie that it's easier to do so and that we get accustomed to lying especially about drinking but I think in this case it's important to be honest. If I was your wife I'd want that. I wish my ex has been as much as it would have hurt to hear it, it would have hurt less then the lies. Just something to keep in mind.

This.
My only qualification is that I think it'll hurt less if you tell her after getting back from your first AA meeting, so she'll know you're serious about this being the end (wake up call, whatever) of all of that nasty stuff that is now the past.

Also, AA has a bunch of 24 hour hotlines if you start freaking out.

AA hotline - Google Search

Doesn't matter if it's not your city's hotline. They will be incredibly helpful and understanding and talk you through stuff no matter where you are.