View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
hopefu11

Hi llavendar,
This is my first time here and when I read your story feels like you are talking about my son. He is 22 and has been using since he was 18.
I have done everything in my power to help him get over the addiction but failed.
Last time he moved an hour away from home, cause his friend who is sober for a while helped him get a great job, I got him a car and also paid for one month of rent so that he could start fresh and sand on his own feet. I thought I will give him a jump start.
after a couple of weeks he lost his job because he was still using and moved out of the place he was living in. according to him " it never his fault ". he told me the reason he lost his job was cause he had a pending court case and once the company found out and let him go. but at the same time he said he found another job and place to live ( another lie ).
two month later I found out that he has been living in his car. I still didn't help him or anything. so now 10 days a go he called me and said he is done with the drugs etc and he wants to fix his life. At first I told him good luck and I am not willing to help then. He showed up at the house begging me to give him another chance at least let him wash his clothes. That night he called his old sponsor and went to the meeting with him. We talked about him going to detox. at first he said he will go. the next day I was planning to take him but I didn't feel he was ready again his sponsor came and took him to another meeting. then the sponsor called and said he is ready to clean up but his is scared so we need to take him to detox that night.
So now its been one week that he is in detox and one more week to go.
I really don't think he should stay home with us because he has a teen sister at home too.
I am looking for a sober living for him but he thinks he can do it by himself and he wants to go to out patient program and go to school.
I wish I knew if this is his bottom or is it going to continue .
I am so lost .... hard to find a sober living that I can afford and the government supported ones are full.
God help our addicted ones get clean and our clean ones stay clean!!!
last sorry for the long post