View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 11:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PerhapsLove

Ready to give daughter another chance

I don't know why but I'm ready to give my 32 y.o. alcoholic daughter another chance. She is ready to leave her drug-addicted boyfriend and relocate to the town where her ex-husband and daughter live. She has lost everything over the past 2 years and swears she is alcohol and drug-free for several months now. The last time we tried this was in May and she failed miserably. She was hospitalized twice in one week for alcohol intoxication. Her roommate even found drug paraphernalia which the police decided not to do anything about.

I want to believe she is ready. She has lost everything over the past two years. The drug-addicted boyfriend is horribly abusive, especially emotionally. She says she wants out asap. My husband (her step-dad) is ready to jump in with both feet. I'm a little hesitant but want her out of that environment.

We will have to finance her living expenses until she gets a job. We can't let her live with us because of all the bridges she burned with other family members. I take care of another daughter's children during the work week and she will not allow her sister to be around her children.

I'm really hoping she is ready. I can't know until I see it. She has lied so much in the past. I hope I am making the right decision.