View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by RobbyRobot
Yeah, except for medical reasons, as implied, well said and true, soberlicious!
Yes, except for serious medical conditions...but, I also personally think drugs are over-prescribed both for physical and emotional pain. I am not trying to start a debate here, just stating my personal opinion. My culture in particular (western culture) tends toward the misconception that one should be "happy" at all times. Being down or uncomfortable at times is a perfectly normal response to the flow of life...but we are taught anything but. At the first sign of discomfort it's run, hide, numb...anything to not experience it. I think this mindset robs us of important processes, and that's why so many of us remain "stuck". Many of our (western) doctors or other "experts" do not push hard enough the importance of diet, exercise, sleep, and meditation, and the idea of sitting with discomfort and allowing it to pass. Our culture is very "other-reliant" as opposed to "self-reliant". We are fooling ourselves if we think the collective beast mentality doesn't loom large. It does.