View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
anewleafnow

At last some zzzz's

Had a really depressing conversation with my wife yesterday. She is happy that I'm not drinking, have started AVRT, found sr, and have a plan in place to get sober and stay that way....but she is not ready to let me move back home. Man, I rally miss my family! But, on the positive side, as bummed as I was(and a little pissed) I did not drink. Went and ate dinner then got on the tread mill, watched a football game( first time in +/- 10 years I've done that with out a drink) read a book and went to bed. It did not take as long to fall asleep and I slept like a rock. Actually slept through my alarm this morning. Funny, I was never late for work when I was drinking. I feel great this morning. I can't wait for tonight, going to the High School football game with the family and dinner, it will be the first real time with my kids since last Saturday, and I was drinking then, so I"m not sure that counts. Oh well, looking forward to it. Have a great weekend everyone, and thanks for the support.