View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
calmlady

Unhappy Just getting started in the journey...

Thanks for the inspiration, Standing. I am just getting started in looking at my life in a new way. I think the moment that put me there was when my AH was yelling, not letting me talk, not listening to my "side" of the situation. There's also a family crisis which I'm helping to handle (my sister is seriously ill) and he has shown no empathy or support. I realized that I will no longer attempt to argue with him when he has been drinking. I am looking at going to an Al-anon meeting, even if I don't tell him.
Every weekend, he spends the evenings, and sometimes the whole day drinking. I no longer spend time with him then, because I'm tired of seeing him passed out with a glass of whiskey in his hand.
I guess not being with him is my boundary....but I haven't told him that's not why I'm not with him. He's mad that I'm not there when he wants me to be My growing sons feel the same way...we all avoid him, and we talk together about the problem, and that only he can make the change to sobriety. Any advice out there? Thanks.
:argue: