Old 09-26-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lyingdog

Please tell me that I am not the only one

That has lost the trust of everyone important to him/her. My wife can't believe a word I say anymore because of all the lies I have told her. It is always about drinking. I hide how much I drink and lie about it. I sneer out of the house when she sleeps to drink more. When I get busted I tell her I will not ever do it again (with good intentions) but when I drink all of my opinions and moral values are gone. The next day I feel so much guilt and anxiety. I tell myself that I will do better but deep down I know tht will change with a few drinks.
I hope and Pre that I never drink another drop and will gain the trust of my wife sooner rather than later. My story is longer than the above but that is where I am at right now.
I am happy to be a part of this message board! It is nice to be able to share with people who understand me. My wife is not an alcohaulic and does not understand that I am a different person when I drink. I quit drinking for 5or 6 years and, a few months ago, decided it would be good for me to start drinking again. I thought it would loosen me up and get along with my wife better. I was right. But after a few weeks I lost what little control I had. I am just the way I was before. How could I foreget why I quit in the first place.
This time I am going to commit my self to meetings and a sponsor!
Thanks....