View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 06:44 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

Well, I almost never make an attempt to shout at everyone individually, so I'll take up the slack. (Hint, when I "go advanced" I can see clear back to 11am this morning! What a communicative group we have here )

lwb, I really felt for you reading your post this morning. I know that you are on the road to something better. It's hard when you can't see around all of the twisty bends, but I think you are right in following your gut, taking the junk out of the closet, and not drinking to boot. My thoughts are with you.

Groder, I'm one of the few and the lucky that also slept well last night. Let's spread the fairy dust around some, eh?

Weasel, welcome. I think it's terrific that you are willing to try all of the tools at your disposal. If nothing else, this class will keep you on your toes trying to keep up with the sheer number of us.

Sunny, I was a solitary drinker as well, to keep all of that stuff at bay. Glad you are feeling good about "feeling through it." I just had a blowout with my kids - well with one of them. The other one left the house because she was fed up. I look forward to the day I get to side with them against the world rather than suffering this sibling rivalry. (Not envying your current need to "side" though!)

Avra, hi yourself!

lefthook, so glad you are getting to spend time with your babies. I know they must be loving the sober you. It's really wonderful to hear you acknowledging that there is work to be done and you are willing to do it. Trust is a very difficult thing to rebuild, beyond words. But it can be done, with vigilance and a good dose of humility. You are on the right path!

Jimuk, you weren't happy drunk either. Might as well be unhappy sober - odds are better that happiness will find you sooner out of the bottle than in. But you know that. You are really a good supportive, soul. Thanks for keeping on with being here.

[B]eli[/B, you sound like maybe you're feeling better today?

DB, glad you got some "extra" sleep and will keep my fingers crossed for you on the outcome! When I interview, I try to look at it as practice, in case I don't get the position. Then I can say, "well, it was good to at least get some practice in for the next one!"

******Dee}}}

IWillWin! Yay, still sober!

jaz Excellent to see you in fine jazzy form. Hope your day went well for you.

Telco, my Day 2 buddy, good planning to get that sandwich on the way back to the room. My emotions don't flow like that, sometimes I wish they did. I pray that some of those tears were from relief. It's a whole new day. I am looking forward to hearing about Day 3 from you.

SwingD, there's a seat in the back by me if you want to sit over here. I think I'm going to swing back around to you on your very own post.

idea, Day 20 is awesome! I can't imagine staying up sober past 3am every day, ugh. (Well ugh, staying up til 3am drunk - worse!) Anyhow, glad you got some "good" sleep last night. Maybe it will be 2 tonight!

janelee, there's a seat on the OTHER side of me. Come hang out with me and Telco and let's go into Day 3 together.

bumble, whether it's Day 6 or 60, you have wisdom and experience. Don't knock yourself. I like your avatar, too.

Ok so there's been all kinds of stuff going on while I wrote this, so I might now be pages behind! Anyhow, writing to you all individually was fun PLUS it had the added boosted extra good effect of preventing me from driving to the liquor store after I (1) discovered one daughter had left the house, (2) had the second daughter yell at me about how everyone hates her and no one ever takes her side and she is going to be miserable for the next four years and she has no intention of changing anything because it's Not Her Fault, and (3) my "boyfriend" admitted he's been planning to go on vacation without me for a month.

Anyone else would say, "It's no wonder you drink," but I know you guys won't think that's a good idea. My AV can listen to everyone else, but I know you all have the real poop, so I'm sticking with you.

(Marjoram, the other Jims, Mark, hi!)