View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
bumble

SwingD, no tell you if you have a problem, not definitively, anyhow. All the same, I agree with Dee: if it's causing problems, it's a problem. You don't have to drink every day in order for it to be a problem. Myself, I *was* always a binge drinker - "only" drinking every second day at my worst, and only having a drink in the morning 3 times over the last 5 years. Unfortunately, "only" was enough times for me to hurt a whole lotta people, including myself, as a direct consequence of those binges. I'm sure you already know to see a doctor for the health concerns you are experiencing; maybe, you could try to quit for 30 days. Nothing in between. I guess how hard it is to do that and/or how it otherwise impacts your life might tell you if you're dependent (psychologically and/or physically).

LifeWithout: so sorry to hear what happened with your husband! I can't express how much I feel for you. I'm just relieved to hear that you are trying to do what's right for you right now, even though it's scary and difficult. You have shown incredible courage in opening up, and in asserting yourself to your husband. I wish you continued strength.

Telco: stay strong!! It must be so hard to be alone....I know that's when I drank the most, anyhow. ((hug))!

JimUK: I'm going to ask, as gently as I can: Do you think you were happier drinking, or were you just numb? You've been doing so well, and your GF must be so proud of you (I know my ex-BF would've been, had I stopped getting drunk/being mean before it was too late....I don't want you to get there. I don't).

Alright. A little rich coming from someone on Day 6! Been thinking of all of you, and I stay caught up on the posts, but I honestly mostly do this at work, and I am starting to fall ever so slightly behind....I will break out the notebook when I have a chance. I really would love to respond to ALL of you individually. xox