View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ChaongeL

Day 5:
I, of course, still haven't slept more than an hour or so a day. Nights are impossible. The dark depresses me. That's the worst I think. It's making me tired mentally weakening my resolve. One good nights rest and I would feel a great deal better I imagine.

The only sleep I have gotten since I started really is in the mornings. My wife works third shift so I used to sleep a couple hours at night then get the kids off to school then go back to bed with her. It was the only real way we would get to lay together. i think that's why my RLS is bad at night but fades in the morning when i would sleep my bulk. My internal clock is set that way.

BTW I discovered a trick to stifle the RLS. Soak your lower half in very hot water. The sensation calmed my RLS. Had it not been for the crippling depression caused by my family being asleep and me being up in the dark I would have slept, then the indigestion set in from me producing large amounts of saliva and sinus drainage down the throat.

It's 2:30pm and I feel a bit better. Not sleeping any last night and only getting an hour between 3 power naps on top of hernia trouble made me feel pretty bad this morning. These deep bone chills are kicking my ass. So I got outta the bed clothes and shed the sheet I have toted around half of each day and put on my normal clothes and shoes. Somehow that kicked the chills. Well that and a cup of coffee. But now that fever feelin is coming back. Kinda hot on the surface.

Does anyone know how long that should last? Really?