View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Veritas1

I have been getting up and reading pages 86-88 daily. I have a notebook next to me as I consider my plans for the day. I have created a routine to seek God, and spend time on the outline in the book.

I spend time in prayer and meditation each morning, but it takes discipline to do this as sometimes, I find myself into my day, and missed the time of sitting down with the book. I am making progress though.

I had an epiphany this morning. I saw that I had some things out of order.

The book tells me:

Upon awakening, let us think about the 24 hrs...let us consider our plans....

then I saw....

BEFORE....we begin....we ask God...we pray...

I rush right into MY day. I saw...before I begin....ask God to direct my thinking.

So, I learned that I have to get uncomfortable. I need to make the time to sit down in a spot where I have my book, and quiet time, to read each and every word, instruction, action, prayer in those pages of 86-88.

This is helping me.

I really try to understand what it is that the book is telling me to do. When they say it, what does it mean for example.

I look carefully at the verbs.

I understand all about panic, and fear.

What is helping me is to clear my thinking utilizing the instructions in the book, prayer and meditation, and pen and paper. Each day I take a page of paper, write down the date. Write down the time, schedule in my prayer and meditation, pages 86-88, then go to the book, I complete the pages, all of it, word for word, I do what it says to do.

I then consider my plans, create a plan for the day.

I then can go and do the next right thing.