View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 07:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
AndreaB

Good morning NoGround, in your above comment, you ask whether the terms of my testamentary trust exclude ALL distributions until the beneficiary reaches 55 years of age. Yes it does, except payments for her health insurance that are paid directly to the insurance company. I don't consider paying her health insurance enabling, because it will allow her to go to rehab and counseling, etc., should she want and need it. Also it kind of puts her on equal footing with addicts living in other first world countries that have universal health care. Fortunately, at this time I can still afford to keep up her health insurance.

Similar to your friend, I considered extending the distribution date until she reaches 65, but now that I am in my mid-fifties, I realize that the mid to late 50s are no picnic! My body is aging and I led a rather healthy life, so there is a real possibility that her body may be a little worse for wear at this age and she may really need it to survive.

I agree with the above posters, this is a very interesting subject and I am learning a lot.

Thank you.