View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Titanic
Iceberg Ahead!

Originally Posted by LoveMeNot View Post
My problem is the uncertainty of his disease and what the future holds. Living one day at time is not always easy!
Living MORE than one day at a time is ALWAYS hard. Living one day at a time IS what makes that problem of yours small and manageable. Do not worry about the future or all the risks. Do not dwell on the past or all the regrets.

Concentrate on what is before you today, this hour, this minute. Take my "Make Sense" test. What is that sight, sound, smell, savor or sensation that I am experiencing right now? Take in exactly what one or more of the Five Senses is experiencing. In full HD! That is living in the Now, carpe diem.

Or take the "What Am I Doing Right Now?" test. For example, I am driving my children at 60 mph on the freeway, I am being careful with all this traffic and this sunshine streaming through my windshield, I am headed in the right direction with a silly song playing on one of the kids' CDs, and there is no A in the car upsetting me. I am not in the past or the future. I am living ODAT.

And remember, there are two days of the year that don't matter: yesterday, and tomorrow.

Peace.