Old 09-24-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Shescrazy2

Looking for treatment in a warmer climate

Greetings! I am new to this website, but not new to the understanding that I am an alcoholic. I am finally ready to do something about my addiction.

I love to travel to warm places, so it makes sense that I would entertain the possibility of treatment in a place warmer than Minnesota.

I have spent many, many days (beer in hand) researching facilities in Florida, but the ones covered by my insurance plan don't seem to fit the bill, or the reviews make me wonder if I would be satisfied. I realize that getting help is the most important thing, but if I can get proper treatment in a nice setting, where wonderful fresh fruit is always available (maybe some fishing and a hammock), I would be in a much better frame of mind for starting this journey to sobriety.

With that in mind, do any of you good people have suggestions about 30-day treatment facilities in Latin America? Anywhere warm, actually. If you know of a website that lists them, I would appreciate that, also.

Thanks! I will be sure to spend a lot of time on this site, now that I found it.