View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
bumble

SFMS, why not? You mentioned fear - what are you afraid of? Any luck getting in touch with your therapist? Or could you see someone else? You've been fighting for this - fighting hard. Whatever happens, you can be proud of that.

Chard, Jaz, SoberJim, WWG: down, but not out! Nice to see you coming back swinging.

It takes a few tries, I think, before we learn enough to really have a plan in place...An addictions counsellor I spoke with would often repeat "it's all about environment"...We have to set things up, as much as we can, to make success easy.

Or, hey, for all the dog lovers: remember the Training Maxim - "Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy."

Well, thought about drinking on Friday - and I had a "chance" to do so, because the bf was out of the house...so I had a nap instead. Woke up and STILL wanted to drink. I guess the "witching hour" wasn't over yet. But I waited it out another hour and a half and then *poof* the urge disappeared, right on schedule, at 9 p.m. Gotta say, fearing the shame of smelling like rum and thinking of you all, was what kept me out of the liquor cabinet. Saturday and Sunday I was too busy with home repairs and family to drink.

So, podium jig! (LifeWithout: I'm still smiling at the image I have of your husband doing the jig behind your brother in law...!!!).