View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
HitRockBottom70

Good evening and good morning classmates,
Just want to let you all know I'm thinking of you, present and past. Day 134 here, had to find a web page to figure that out. Had a good weekend off. Tonight I am cooking for the week. Right now roasting brussel sprouts in the oven, they smell so good. Almost good enough to make me glad to be on a diet.

FP, So glad to hear you had some good horn time, I have no doubt you will be back to full Pach strength in no time. Thank you so much for your PMs and encouragement with the diet. You are so amazing to be going through what you are and thinking about all of us too! Enjoy that beautiful fall up there.

FindingSoleil, Glad to hear from you.

Jeni, Wishing you a better week and hope you can find an exit route from your current work situation. Maybe it will take anger; maybe it will take a different emotion. We are all so different and deal with things in our own way. Take some time and figure out what is right for you. Once you have done that, you can use your gifts to help you get there. You did not accept being a drunk for the rest of your life; you do not need to accept this either. Please don’t give anybody more power over your own life than yourself. You are amazing and deserve only the best for you and your family. (Maybe I am overstepping my bounds here. If I am please let me know to back off. I want to see you happy.)

Dee, Thank you for your words of wisdom and encouragement.

Emily, Good morning and welcome to day 64/20. Hoping your leg is feeling better.

Saskia, Sorry to hear about the car. That always sucks when the first ding happens.

Wehav, Congrats on day 117. I was reading your post and thinking that I probably would be going through the same thing with the weather change. Fall was always a time of beauty, but it was time to bring my orchids indoors and use up every square inch of window space with rolling shelves. Also had to figure out which big plants I would save in the basement hospital under fluorescent lights and which would be left to die a horrific cold death. I know I made the right move coming down to Miami. With 117 days under your belt you have some serious sober strength to get you through this change. I know what helped me when it got dark and dreary during the winter months is to go to the tanner once in a while. I know it is not physically healthy, but it helped me mentally. Remember this will be a year of firsts for all of us and next year we will have done it all before and it will be easier. We just need to push forward.

Deserto, That’s great you had a good trip to Denver and across the Rockies, sounds beautiful. Have any pics of the trees? I really miss seeing them in the fall.

Tanja, AA sounds like an awesome place to gain inspiration. You sound great and it makes me happy to hear you are feeling better I too wrestle with saying the right thing at the right time. Not sure if this will ever get better, but it definitely wont if we don’t try.

OLL, Hoping you are doing well. Loved reading your post to Jeni and Em.

Kitty, Keep up that momentum. What a difference a week make right?

All my other may mates, have a wonderful week.