View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 05:36 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
madkarma

JMFburns, I alternately feel good and bad about the boyfriend. He tells me everything that I want to hear. Is it truth? I don't know. He definitely has a hold on her, but I've talked to their manager at work, a mutual friend who had been around them a lot, etc. etc. and they all think he's a nice guy. But is he an Eddie Haskell type who fools everyone? I just don't know.
GardenMama, its so interesting that you said that your daughter took that guy in and cleaned him up. It's been the talk of my family that my daughter continuously finds these guys that she has to help. They are like helpless puppies and she feels bad for them but then she starts dating them.
Could he be supplying her with drugs? I suppose. I'm not completely convinced that she isn't doing drugs, but everyone that I have talked to thinks she's clean. I don't know how she would be able to afford drugs honestly. She has no money and neither does he really.
Outtolunch, I have felt that as of late. That my desperate need to keep her safe is driving her farther away. "I hate you most of all" is what she kept saying to me. She knew that would cut me deeply since we were always so close.
SundaysChild and DJ, thank you.
Fandy, he is just working. He and my daughter worked together until she quit. I found out today that she had told her managers that she didn't want to work unless she was working the same shifts as him. They were purposely putting them on opposite shifts because their relationship was getting in the way of their job.
Sunday my husband is going to have a "man to man" sit down with the boyfriend. Hopefully he will get a feel for him. He has a pretty good BS meter, much better than mine anyway.