View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Vodka? You betcha. There are a whole bunch of us that moved to that stuff. I did too, and for some really great reasons. It was the cheapest alcohol proof by volume, with less hangovers. I thought it smelled less on me than other liquor, wine or beer, but now I realize that it just smelled different. 500 ml is quite a bit, too, I was to that, maybe a little more some days, but like you, it was every day.

That day came for me, and it will come for you, too, when I said enough, no more. I quit. No more alcohol. Was it hard for me to do? I don't know how to answer that question, my volunteer state friend, it just got to the point where I was going to quit drinking, even if I was the first person in the world to ever do it. I took it off the table, I closed the door, I removed it from being something that I would allow myself to do. It was very simple, but it certainly was not easy.

You can quit too, TGrad, you can be sober too, but you need a plan. Are you ready to make your plan for continuing to use alcohol? Keep posting here, there is a lot of support here for you.

And see your Doctor, make that appointment now and be honest and straight up. You can do this thing.