View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lynn1004

Unhappy feeling alone and scared

Hi everyone,
Day 4...I actually decided to quit drinking 9/4/12 but relapsed last Friday. When I relapse I go big, unfortunately. My boyfriend and I were friends for many years before we became "involved" this past June. Now we live together and he is just finding out I have a drinking problem. I don't believe he has ever had to "deal" with an alcoholic before. I myself grew up in an alcoholic environment for years.

When I drank last Friday, I lost my phone and didn't have a sober person to drive me home. I made it home Sat. after bf had went to work. I know he is very upset with me and understandably so. Sunday evening when he came home from work he yelled for about 2 mins. then said he didn't want o talk about it right now. Well, this is Tuesday and he still isn't really talking to me. I'm afraid our relationship might not make it through my recovery especially if he doesn't understand how much of a struggle this is for me. Bf is a wonderful man and would do anything for anyone and I don't want to lose him. Now I feel so much guilt and shame.

I also want to add, I have never been so serious and determined to quit drinking before. Please share if you have any advise, and can use all your prayers! Thanks!