View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 06:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
crowzhome

You know, I use to think all the time that I wish he would just leave me, then I wouldn't feel so bad. I just knew I could never be the one to walk away. I figured if he left then it would be easier for me not to worry about him and the decision would be his, so I didn't feel like I abandoned him.

The day after my husband left me, I had a previously scheduled psychologist appointment for my son due to him not doing so good in his school work. I explained to the doctor what happened the previous day. He met with my son, and then came out and wanted to speak to me by myself. He told me that my son said he was very worried about me and that he never felt assured that his dad would stay. I told the doctor that I don't think any of us were assured of my husband sticking around. He said he wasn't even going to focus on the school issue right now, that he is more concerned about what is going on at home. Also, he (the doctor) wants to build some consistency with my son so he wants to meet with him on a weekly basis for the time being.

My mother and father were married for 50+ years and I wanted the same thing when I got married. I never once thought that my dad would abandon my mother, or that my mother would abandon my dad. I guess I was lucky for that. I feel sad that wasn't an option for my children.

Last edited by crowzhome; 10-28-2004 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Didn't say who I had the psychologist appt for