View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
MrsDragon

Location: Caucasian;West Coast; Husband sometimes breathes fire; hence his nickname Dragon & mine Mrs. Dragon
KariSue,

Your welcome; thought its seemed we had similiar situations with our husbands.

Was wondering how your both feeling after the weekend ?

I believe the solution you worked up together is very good. May not make implementing it less emotional; but it might. Hopefully since it was a mutual agreement; you and your husband can lean on each other for support, and there will be less tension now.

Good Luck.

Originally Posted by KariSue View Post
Mrs Dragon. Thank you, your post is so helpful!

Well, good news. We went out to dinner and this last episode that my son pulled finally was my husband's last straw. Our son will be gone by October 1!!! Plus that, my husband had a idea/plan that we both feel good about. I am hesitant to say what the actual plan is because many here wouldn't agree but so what, who cares, it might help someone else. So here goes.

We decided that although he doesn't deserve it, we will give him one last bit of help. We are going to let him find an apartment but he can't go over a certain dollar amount and we WILL NOT co-sign anything. Our name will be on nothing. Starting in October, we will pay 3 months rent on a cheapie apartment. After that, we are D.O.N.E. No more money ever and he will never, ever move in with us again. If they want a bigger place, they can save up and get one. It might be wrong to 'help' but he will be out of here forever, we can both agree on it. I really wish my husband would have thought of this 3 years ago. We are going to tell him Monday to make sure we sleep on it and are still fine with it in a few days. I know I will be.

Kari

P.S. To be fair, they did have money saved up to move out but then he hurt his back (herniated discs) and couldn't do his physical labor job. They had to spend all their money on doctors and MRI's, etc. Now he has insurance but didn't have it before they used up all their money.