Thread: Downward Spiral
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sasha4

Originally Posted by geoffduke View Post
My problem is I am very shy and not forthcoming kinda person so when it comes to talking about things that are wrong with me I stop. I had a broken toe last year and I didnt go to the hospital as I didnt want to bother them. That is how I think
Geoff you have nothing to be ashamed of.

You are suffering from a disease.
You deserve help and are very worthy of help.

There are thousands, maybe millions of us like you in terms of being shy, not wanting to bother people.

Look at Zee - a year sober!!
Zee correct me if I am wrong, but did you not drink right up to when the ambulence came to get you?

I'm over seven months.
It was hard at first, but now it's almost second nature.

I used to get horrific anxiety and depression but booze made it 1000 times worse.
I used to hate opening my eyes in the morning.
Hated that coming too and thinking god what did I do, how much did I drink? Feeling a mental and physical wreck all day then soon as it was 7.30pm starting again. Earlier if I felt really, really bad. In fact I think I could put up with the bad head, bad tummy and constant tiredness. What it did to my confidence, self esteem, mental health I could not. I hated myself.

I felt like you many a time - only one way to end it.
But I have a child. I have friends. I have parents. I have a grandma. I have people who care, even though I did not feel like it at the time.

I can't say life is a complete bowl of cherries, but flipping heck, it is so nice not living with that constant fear and uneasiness.

If you went to AA, you don't have to talk, you can just listen. Everyone that is there is there for the same thing - we are all drunks!!!

A few words to your doctor...you don't need to read out your life story. Maybe start and finish with 'I drink too much and it makes me sad'.

Look how brave you have been coming here...you found us! I think that is a blessing.

Any plans forming in your head?

xxxx