View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Clarity4us

I'm ending it with my boyfriend

His 27 year old daughter is an alcoholic. She nearly died from a serious seizure last month and was in the hospital 5 days. She's moved back into her Dads home. At first he was all about getting her into rehab. Found out insurance won't cover it. So they are doing nothing. She clearly doesn't want to get sober and with no job, no money, just living back at his house- freeloading off Dad and taking over the house-which has moved me out. I didn't live with him, just spent lots of time there. He is now 5 days a week out of town for school pursuing a degree.

I tried to explain to him the situation with her at home and not getting help ruins our relationship. He doesn't get it and thinks I should just go along with it. I told him I won't be part of enabling and codependent relationships. He can't see the situation or doesn't want to. His priority is to just get this last school year done. How sad. With him gone so muchI see her having her alcoholic friends over again and continued distruction. Maybe shell kill herself this time. Every time she did this things were broken and destroyed,: she got into my personal things- I showed up one day to see her wearing my dress! I took all my things out of the house then.

I'm so sad about it all. I thought a 57 year old man would have it more together than this. We were just dating 7 months so I'm out now and taking care of me. But ouch.