Old 09-15-2012, 11:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
PohsFriend

Originally Posted by MadeOfGlass View Post
Makes me want to jump in my car, drive to Chicago (not too far) and drive you to Oregon.
How many hours is that if you stop to pee every 15 miles?

Take onlythetruth's words to heart. It is easy to be mad at your husband right now. I have a feeling you would not love him if he was entirely worthless.

How'd his AA meeting go? Did he go to a second? Third? Trying to quit the drinking?

Remember, he's going to be in your life forever to some degree and in your life a lot probably for the next 18 years sober or not.

Hating alcoholism is a very healthy emotion. That's the illness he has - alcoholism. If it was cancer you would not be angry with him. I know this is harder... we think "yeah, but if my spouse had cancer they would not have CHOSEN it!". I get that thought, I keep my sanity by seperating the disease from the wife. My wife did not choose alcoholism but we did choose each other and I love her. She's fighting it.... day 14 without a drink and the day she slipped broke a string of 8 months without a drink. That one day in the middle sure did cause all hell to break loose but the other 256 days she won.

Hang in there, keep yourself calm and focus on today and the baby... hubby's battle with alcoholism will last a very long time and won't be solved today or this month or this year... CHOOSE to enjoy this special time.

Prayers to ya :-)