View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tryingtoforgive

Am I being too positive?

Today my addict got out of rehab. He looks great and seems to be doing fine, we went to see a dr right after he left the facility to get started with a maintenance plan.

When I dropped him off at rehab I knew that this could be his new fresh start. I am being very positive and telling him how proud I am of him and that I know he can do this. I asked him some questions about his past and he says he doesn't ever want to live that way again (well what addict doesn't say that) anyway, so I bought him this wonderful book to read about addiction and I have been giving him support with his sobriety.

I know he has only been clean for a short while and there is a chance for relapse but I am trying not to think that way. I am trying to put it in my head that he is going to do it! This will be the new him and he will finally be who he set out to be. Am I crazy?

He told me what triggers him to use and that he is scared. I know it is hard to get clean and the first few months can be very trying but I hope that I am not being stupid. I just really want to stay positive because if I don't I will go insane. I am trying to move forward with my life with or without him. I just hope he sticks to his word so that he will be moving forward right by my side.

Oh well, I know there isn't anything I can do. It is HIS life and HE chooses how to live it and I can't enable anymore.

Here goes nothing...