View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 03:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Scacra, what do you mean by "wrong"?? There really is no right or wrong, as in correct or incorrect. This is YOUR one precious life. Is this how you want to live it? Are you nervous each day, wondering when he is going to go off on a bender? Do you feel anxious or stressed living with him? If this life is good enough for you, then what could be wrong about it?

IME, moderation in drinking does not work. In fact, it is my A dad's motto and has been for as long as I can remember. And he is now in his mid-70s, still drinking a case or so a day, sitting there rotting in his chair, miserable and slowly dying. I imagine that if you thought BF is an alcoholic, he's still an alcoholic, and yes, their level of use will always go back to what it was before they tried to moderate their drinking. Alcoholism is progressive and as long as the alcoholic continues to drink, their bodies will require more and more alcohol to feel the same effect as before. Unless the alcoholic completely abstains, the disease will continue to progress.