View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 11:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
scacra1

Is this wrong? Advice please!

Hi,

ive not posted in a while.. i guess because things haven't been too bad.
well - 'because things haven't been too bad' is the exact thing i wanted to post about.
In my last posts i was at the point of wanting to leave my ABF, so hes been making a huge effort to make things work.
so life now goes like this... at work all week so no drinking Monday to Thursday at all (no sneaky drinks... nothing!) 1.5 bottles wine Friday and Saturday (but stops before he gets tipsy) and maybe .5 bottle Sunday. and that's his lot.
This now means: no lying, no arguing, no hidden bottles around the house, and full sanity has been restored in my life/house.
he now comes home from work and does a few d.i.y job etc per evening round the house. Gets involved in the house work and is generally very attentive, this is actually usual for him, he just had a bad couple of months.
So all is good.... 'for now'
and that's the part i wonder about... are we just hiding the real issue, its not gone, its still there isn't it? he's still an alcoholic, that doesn't change.
its difficult now to think about leaving as things are so good, and if he can stay like this, which i think he can, (although a relapse will occur, which would probably involve him getting steaming drunk over a genuine situation that has affected him maybe once every 4-5 months) that's what life with my ABF will be like.
What do people think? is this good/bad? am i fooling myself? are all the dangers of life with an A still there but just well hidden?
im confused! because part of me thinks that if he can stay like this, and i am genuinely happy like this... is it wrong?

And advice please?!