Thread: Kids And Pets
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
rache

i have both animals and children. two dogs (one a rescued puppy) and two children, one a toddler boy (as you have! sooo much energy they have hahaha), and a 17 year old daughter. i definitely LOVE being sober now, to have the energy to take my son to the park, play games, throw the ball, to drive my daughter to her friends house and other places...i feel like i'm more present now, i wasn't an angry or mean drunk either like you said, but i too didn't want my kids to only know me with a drink in my hand halfway through the day, and being lazy and tired all the time. not fair to them, or me for that matter.

and the puppy!! i rescued him and he was literally almost dead. he had parvo and with medication and donated hospital time, he survived! now he's a healthy, rambunctious puppy, and i knew if i didn't do something about my drinking finally, that my puppy and son (having them is like having twin boys) they both would not get the best they deserve. why did i rescue him if i couldn't give him a good life? why did i have a baby if i didn't want to give him my all? there are people trying desperately to conceive and i have this gift, i had to get out there and start living and enjoying every second!

kudos to you for wanting to be more for your son, your pets and yourself! isn't it an awesome feeling being PRESENT for all the amazing things they offer??? i couldn't be happier myself big hugs!