View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KariSue

How do I get husband onboard?

Our adult AS lives with us with his significant other.

It is time to tell him/them to move out which is hard enough but my wonderful husband of 41 years just can't seem to 'kick him out' as he puts it.

My biggest problem right now is getting my husband to agree to tell him to leave so we can present a united front. So far the pattern has been-- son gets really high and does something stupid once or twice a year. He may be using at other times but not enough for us to notice. But each year when he has some kind of big stressor he steals something from us to pay for drugs. I know...I know... We get upset, he promises he'll stop, and he ends up staying. There is a lot more but you get the idea. We're enablers and weak I guess. It is just so hard. This last time I really thought he was trying not to use. Sigh....

But anyway, my main reason for posting is to ask you all for suggestions on how to get my husband on board. He agrees that what he is doing is unacceptable and told our son "We don't deserve to be treated this way." Yet when push comes to shove, I'm afraid he'll wimp out. I'm afraid I will too but I think I can do it this time if he is onboard.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Kari