Thread: Drunk look
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 11:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dejvice

When I was drunk it got to the stage that I could not even look at myself in a mirror when I went to the bathroon....even more so the next morning it was even more difficult to look at myself. Some mornings upon arriving at work I would have to down a coke or 2 just to get back on track again and also the deep deep shame and low self esteem that I was going to work hungover to meet colleagues etc. I am 15 days sober. I have also changed my diet (breakfast, lunch, light dinner - no snacking between meals....loads of fruit and veg). I have already lost some weight. I have noticed that my crocs are looser...or maybe its my imagination. My wedding ring is also looser....or maybe that is also my imagination. As regards bloating - for sure it is less - especially in the morning after drinking a load of beer the night before. About a month ago I saw a photo of myself with red blotches around my neck area - they were clearly visible - for sure I was drinking alot the night before.

Jeni26 posted about getting hair cut....yes I have had that problem too....except I usually get mine cut once as month on a Friday morning at 8.30am.....how many times the night before had I drank 8, 9, 10 beers and then some more at home get up next morning hungover, red eyed, bloated.

I am only a few weeks, I check in to this website once a day - mostly to read up on others experience, which really helps so much, expecially the experience from members who have had a relapse and regretted it so much and members who are sober for such a long time that friends do not recognise them when they meet that person.

As regards the look of an alchohlic and bloated face - I'm sure that once an alcoholic has become sober he/she can spot or identify another alcoholic. To be honest I am sure that a one or two colleagues at work can recognise that I am an alcoholic - but work colleagues are never going to say to you - 'hey I think you drink too much, your face is red and fat, you have a big gut, most mornings you eyes are red'.....I don't mean to stereotype an alcoholic by writing the above sentence.