Old 09-13-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FoxInSocks

I have just gone through this myself so know what your going through....
I too told my AH to leave on many occasions only to let him return on the first sign of a promise of change. May be this time is not your time, maybe it may take another 4 times before you think I need a better life. My AH left on Monday so not long ago and so far I can say I want him gone....if however he can change his drinking and his anger issues then we can hopefully come together again as a family, he is a great Dad when he is not drunk but the danger he has put my boys in by drink driving and also getting into fights when just what would be a simple trip to the shops was the order of the day..I can not keep putting them in that situation. Right now I'm the one who can change this, I'm the one who can stop this so I have decided I'm going to be the one to do it. My boys have seen us yelling and screaming some pretty nasty things to each other over the years and my eldest does come out with some rants when he is annoyed with his brother which is what he has seen from us. I don't want either of my boys in years to come ask me why I let this happen and why did I not do something about it. My boys are 4 and 6 so they can not decide for themselves if they want to be part of all the drama or not so the sober party of the relationship has to decide for them. Also with 2 boys I do not want them thinking its at all right to treat their partners that way..or anyone!
I'm hoping and praying that I will be strong enough to continue on my own(very much on my own as have no family around me) which is why I got the VRO as soon as I could which means that by law we can not contact each other unless its regarding the children.
You will know what to do and when to do it.
Take care x