View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 04:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sapling

Hey sneeker...I played that game for years...Hiding it from the wife...Make that ex wife...Family...I even hid it from my drinking buddies....That's pretty sick. It came down to two things for me....And when I saw it in the Big Book of AA...I understood my problem...I couldn't stop entirely...On my own....For good....And once I started drinking...I didn't ALWAYS have control over how much I drank....Could I answer one of those questions with a yes?....Both of them.....I knew I was an alcoholic. That actually helped me...Because when I denied it....I didn't have a problem....And if I don't have a problem...There is nothing for me to solve. So once I admitted it to myself...I got to work on it....I use AA and haven't had a drink in almost 15 months....Will that work for you?...I have no clue...I guess if you don't try it...You won't either. I'd recommend you find something that looks good to you...There are different ways people do it on this site...Look into them...Put the effort into it....And stop for good. Glad you are here...Good luck to you.