View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 04:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
MrsKing

Not being able to have a beer or a glass of wine would be a massive loss in my life.
Why would it be a massive loss? If you didn't need alcohol, or had absolutely no problem with alcohol, then I don't think it would matter whether you had a glass of wine or beer with your meal. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but that's what I think.

I used to think of it as a loss, too - all the things I'd miss out on if I didn't drink. The reality is that I've gained so, so much from being sober.

Whether you're an alcoholic or not doesn't matter. Umm-ing and aaah-ing over this until you come to a conclusion isn't worth it, and many people go on to drink for years despite the fact that alcohol is having a massive negative impact on their lives, just because they don't like the label 'alcoholic' and can't see themselves as one, due to the stereotype of the typical grubby, homeless, loveless alcoholic.

If you think your life would be more positive without alcohol, then I see no reason why you shouldn't give sobriety a go, even if it's just for a little while