View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Groder

I'm not on Facebook, and these posts are giving me even more reasons to stay away!

It sounds like many of us faced temptations, and walked away today. I keep thinking, if we just do that over and over again...well, that's what sobriety looks like. Something built on many small decisions all pointing in the same direction getting us where we want to go.

Having my philosophical musings tonight...bear with me. I met with a therapist and told her about my latest binge drinking--which I did on half an Ambien so I completely blacked out the whole thing. She doesn't know me as a drinker since I try to keep it at bay. But obviously I do that because I have a problem. Anyway, the focus moved to the fact that I blacked out and that's the least interesting part of the event for me (most embarrassing, though). I wanted to get at why I was compelled to keep drinking on that night, not try to figure out what the blackout meant.

Ahhh, I clearly have a lot to think about and am not making much sense. Maybe the light of a new day will help bring perspective. The upshot is I felt the therapist understood less about me at the end of the session than she did at the beginning.