Thread: Control
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 11:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Vall

Dear Bishop3971,

You don't sound to me as someone with a big problem.

I came here to SR because I felt that I had been drinking more than I should/usually do due to my father's terminal illness and the fact that I couldn't bare to see him, my protector, my lovely Dad in so much pain. My fab brother is a recovering alcoholic, and has many serious ailments too which makes me very sad. He is the only one in our rather big family who has "gone overboard"

When I started reading here before I dared to join :> I thought I perhaps had a slight problem. After being here for a week or so I started to think that I may have more than a slight problem...as I can identify with so many of the comments. The thing is though, I don't drink a lot persay but I know I am using it as a sort of crutch which is not ideal.

I am rather good at control. My Psyche usually tells me when to stop. I am never drunk, don't know what that is as I know (my psyche knows) when to stop and I trust it.

But I am afraid that one day I will not listen to MP.

I could never tell someone what to do. One of my closest friends has suffered for many years living with her alcoholic husband - I am there for her every step of the way but I would never tell her to leave him (although that's what I think she should do) as it has to be her decision. I bite my tongue constantly.

It has to be our decision.

Not sure if that helps ;> sorry