Thread: hypnosis?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 09:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
seek

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post

As for hypnosis, I can't arrest my alcoholism through hypnosis anymore than I can arrest my diabetes through hypnosis.

I am not sure if this is really the case. There is more and more evidence that all kinds of things affect all kinds of things . . .I just heard that people have reversed serious diseases like breast cancer and macular degeneration through "sound healing" - It's true that some people's diabetes can be controlled through diet and exercise . . .hypnosis could be very powerful at getting at the underlying beliefs that are causing addiction, the same way one uses hypnosis to stop smoking (as I did years ago - and I was a pack-a-day smoker, with a physical and emotional addiction to cigarettes) . . .

I think hypnosis is a tool that can be used to address the underlying sub-conscious beliefs and reasons a person might tend towards alcoholism.

I know AA has a party line belief about "what alcoholism is," but I have not read any science that backs that up, to date. If there is some, please provide links.