View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
GirlFromCO

There are all sorts of opinions on this and I don't think anybody really knows for sure. The rule here at SR is to not promote any sort of illegal substance use. Period. Lots of members here have come here just because they smoke weed. So you're likely to find only one opinion about this here, and that's completely appropriate for the kind of forum this is.

Personally I would ask myself what the real reasons are for using it. I would ask myself about the legal status in my state and whether or not you can get under a doctor's supervised care. I would examine my history with weed, especially as it relates to alcohol use. Does it bring you back to drinking? You said you've discovered it this last year but you've only been sober 7 days - how come? That's a red flag for me.

Anyway. There's no black & white answers. On SR and in AA and other recovery circles you're likely to hear that it's never okay. Other places will tell you that it's always okay. It's something you really need to figure out for yourself. Just be completely honest with yourself about your motives for using. See a doctor if you can.