View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sobersunshine

Last night was day four for me. Friday, ugh. I passed on going to the bar with coworkers, came home, and thought about drinking one of the od's that had been sitting in my fridge for about a year lol. I. Just wanted to sit outside and drink a nice beer mmmmmm..... I passed on it, mainly because it does have a small amount of alcohol in it. Having said that, I still think I would've passed had it had no alcohol, just didn't seem like a good idea. I had two cans of V8 and a ginger ale, and lots of water. The urge passed. Funny though I always feel like I need to be drinking SOMETHING. Lol.
I do have to say though that I know a recovering alcoholic that drinks NA beer and has no problem with it. I think she's the exception. I agree with the others that it's flirting it's danger. Plus, NA drinks do taste like crap.
If I'm at a party and someone isn't drinking alcohol because they are in recovery, I think very highly of them. Maybe because I'm an alcoholic. Non-alcoholics probably just don't get it. Who cares. Do what you need to do and don't worry about feeling left out. Most people probably aren't paying ,uh attention anyway. Good luck.