Old 09-07-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DeepBreath2012

Can I share? Strength on Day 3 and song recommendation!

I feel so blessed to have found this forum and all of you tremendously strong and giving people. THANK YOU!

I just had to share because I've been having tons of cravings and could have given in at any point today. But guess what...I DID IT ~ I DIDN'T GIVE IN!!!

This is the first time in months that I have felt functional, for many reasons and on many levels.

I finished unpacking, went to the grocery store and stocked up on good food, did NOT stop at the many liquor stores and bars I passed along the way (I consider this a miracle), took 2 showers instead of not showering for days...and then listened to some inspirational music while making a gorgeous flower arrangement for myself.

I can feel the healthy me coming back...It has NOT been easy, but I'm doing it...one breath at a time...and it wouldn't be possible without this forum and all of you as inspiration!

I just had to share the most amazing song I heard today on this new CD I got. It is spiritual so...It's called "You Annointed Me" by Eric Peterson. I listened to it about five times crying with joy and gratitude.

Well, 3 days ago, I would have been a double bottle of wine into the day, at least...and either blacked out not knowing what the heck I was doing or passed out on the couch before waking up to drink more.

Instead, I am sitting here, completely present in mind, body, and soul...having a warm cup of coffee, listening to my doggies snoring, and planning what delicious meal I will cook up for my dinner. Praise God!

Here is to a sober weekend for us all...I am sending you all strength, peace, and happiness! Thanks for being here!!!