View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
TheReader

Angel - we cannot give medical advice here just our experiences. I was also a long term opiate user, starting and stopping many times. You mention you were clean for 2 mos before this last time, but what about before that? I found in my roller coaster ride that a couple of months on and then off still resulted in w/d's. In my experience the second and third day were probably the worse. You were in day 2 when you wrote this and today is day 3. I found that anytime I went back on longer than a week I had some w/d symptoms. This last time I used fairly steady for 9 months, tapered down for about the last month, and still had w/d's for at least a full week, 2nd to 4th day the worst.

For your interview, I would encourage you to take Immodium, force as much fluids as possible, possible take an advil or two for aches.

My recovery is almost at two years now and it is still a struggle, as opiates were a big part of my life for over 20 years. Keep up the good work and commit to recovery. You are still young. I was 57 when I finally committed and it is much harder on the body.