View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dontjudgeme920

Should I stay in touch?

I am moving away from ABF next week (my new lease starts 9/15). Right now, I am only staying in our home during the week and leave him every weekend. Life has been somewhat peaceful but with the occasional guilt trip ("you hate me" or "since you dont love me anymore..." or "I would never leave you, but you are leaving me..."). He is still drinking 5-7 nights a week. When he is drinking, I go to bed early and just stay away from him. There is still a glimmer of the man I love in him, but mostly, he is consumed by his disease and has no interest in getting help.

I know a lot of you have been/are in my shoes. My question is, have you stayed in touch with your ex abf/husband? Were you able to have a friendship of any kind? Or is it best to just cut off all contact? I dont want to upset him, or "burn any bridges", but I just want to focus on me for awhile. I know the right thing to do is not speak with him anymore. I am just questioning how realistic that will be, and am curious as to what other people have been through.

Thanks!