View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Veggiejojo

Interesting topic, I don't love myself, never have and mores the point, I don't really aspire to. Maybe it's the British stiff upper lip!

It's interesting to me because (maybe like a lot of people that reach for a bottle), I went through some rubbish when I was younger and I've always had a poor self image as a result. At some point in childhood I destroyed all photos of myself at home, but some survived elsewhere. I was genuinely surprised when one of these came my way a couple of years ago, I didn't recognise myself. I can't remember this girl with skinny legs and masses of dark hair. At that stage not only did I not love myself, I didn't particularly like myself either and looking back at that photo I wish that had been different. Maybe I need to start thinking about it now so in twenty years time I'm not sat somewhere staring at a photo thinking I really wish that woman had liked herself more. . .

In answer to your question for me loving myself would probably involve being more comfortable in my own skin, valuing myself more (and not feeling like the most inadequate person in the room), and shrugging off mistakes without magnifying them into something they are not,

X