View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
PohsFriend

Originally Posted by BothSidesNow View Post

On a recent threat (oops what a Freudian slip, I meant "recent thread" !!!), I posted about more of my STBXAH's despicable and unreal behavior, and I asked what actually does a real husband do? I don't think, after almost 20 years, I have any idea of how a normal, loving husband would treat me. Reading your thread, digesting your attitudes and responses, is giving some real insight into what a loving husband does. Thank you.

BothSidesNow
Thank you....

That really means alot this morning because I have been having a pretty rough time with this. I had no idea what alcoholism, what alcohol addiction, really was. You hear so many people say "Oh Jim, yeah, he's an alcoholic - he get's plastered every Friday night!". Jim is a dumbass, not an alcoholic.

I love my wife. I was PISSED at her when I came on here Saturday night and the 'tougher' posts were good for me. On the one hand, it made me understand that my wife may fail to overcome this and turn my life into one of the many horror stories I read here if I allow it.... On the other hand, I read some things that made me stop wanting to scold her and start defending her. It shamed me a bit. I've been angry and resentful because her disease is such a PITA... but in 40-somethin years and several relationships there is one woman on the planet who has ever made my heart skip a beat every time I see her. Recovering from alcohol addiction so that she can be a great wife and mother is her job, my job is to let her do it and worry about being a great husband and friend and I have a ways to go there.

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words, it's tough looking in the mirror and realizing "Hey buddy, you sure are expending a lot of energy running in circles and acting like an asshat!".

This morning my wife read this thread and kissed me and said "Yup, that's why I put up with you". She's annoyingly cute.