View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:15 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
PohsFriend

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
PF - very good response, and we're all here praying for you, your Wife, daughter, and STB son.

You've got it together, probably much better than I or many others could do at this point where you are.
....I'm a duck. I may appear calm and serene on the surface at times but I'm paddling like hell underneath :-)

It's been one hell of a year. I'm way to reactive right now and need to get back to being the 'real' me... I'm usually extremely good at staying calm and clear and finding solutions to crises ...I actually do that for a living and people joke about it. When my first child was born 17 years ago her mother woke me at 4am and said "My water broke"... Without so much as rolling over I said "That's OK honey, I will buy you a new one in the morning".

Perspective is as valuable as it is expensive to procure and I am getting a bunch right now. Mama Bear is going through a tough fight but she is a fighter (you have no idea) so my job is not to add chaos, my job is to get my **** together and be the steady, unflappable, calm, thinking one right now.

lol... so this thread is achieving what I hoped, I needed a plan because I had to DO SOMETHING. Turns out, that something is to sit down, shut up and focus on ensuring that my darling AW has a calm, cool, collected and rational husband to turn to when it gets tough so she can focus on the task in front of her.

Thanks for the kind words.